Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Break!

Hi readers. I am on a little break here, involved with a few creative assignments. Actually, working on so many topics at one time, I've got my own tiny Internet in my head! I'll be back in about a week, perhaps earlier. While I'm gone, why not check out a few interesting FREE reads?

The Art of the Start by Guy Kawasaki - a manifesto I recommended to my students of entrepreneurship. Pretty interesting. It emphasises the prototyping approach to get going. I've decided to include prototyping as a compulsory part of my next "hands-on" entrepreneurship class.
How to be Creative by Hugh MacLeod - dispelling a fat load of myths about creativity. A shocking, provocative, but real-life welcome to the world of creativity in advertising. Warning: Real Life, dead ahead!
Start Talking Ideas - Want to Make Your Mark on the world? Want to do something? Check this site out if you have an idea that you want to bring to life.

I am off for now. Just a little something else: How woulld you like to be the designer for a branded line of t-shirts, given the chance?

Just think wishful, no economics, no real-life. It's a wish survey. Leave a comment or mail.

Oh yes, anonymous comments are allowed once again. And the site's licensed under a Creative Commons Deed now. More later. Salam for now!

Really missing me? Here's the email: nextbyramla AT gmail DOT com
P.S. As a way of giving more time to things that really matter (me, my family, my faith), I am practicing spending fewer time online, especially on emails. I'm scheduling weekly time for email responses. It may be slower, but it also much better and thoughtful!

3 comments:

Mars said...

line of branded t-shirts? I'd love the opportunity! Would probably combine some gd skills with existing fotos and a snazzy theme...

Ramla Akhtar said...

Hmmm. Thanks for the feedback. I'm just surveying about ppl's wildest wishes... and this seems to be a common dream very few realized. PERHAPS a potential there :). P.S. I ran a very profitable t-shirt business for a short while. Nothing very original in terms of design, but it sld well.
It's an awesome business.

Mars said...

:) I guess it goes along with the innate desire to leave one's mark. Having your own line of clothes is a very public way to do that.