Saturday, January 28, 2006

Maker, not taker

There is a reason why I stopped blogging on NEXT> all of a sudden. I asked myself: who am I truly – a future-reader, or a future-maker?

It occurred to me that there are only two kinds of persons in action: makers, and takers. A reader or observer of future is just a glorified role for a taker of a future created by others. If future is what I am interested in, I would rather be the one to create the future than the one to take in the name of reading and anticipating it.

This ends my very long uncertainty of what this blog really is going to be about. It is going to be – nothing. There is no such thing as a going to be but only a being right now which, over the course of time, looks like in the past it was something that was going to be.

If, though, we stand in the past, we can never be sure of what is going to be. The only certainty of future is the future itself.

But the beauty is, if we do the present, we create the future. I do not wish to stand by on the banks of Time and watch it flow by. If I believe in the worth of experience – which I passionately do – I will want to dwell in Time. Make the present, and let the future become from it.

Chances, surprises, and serendipitous experiences are welcome. After all, they say, there is no such thing as a co-incidence.

No comments: